Sunday, December 4, 2011

Greetings!

Hello, dear readers! To kick off this blog, I thought I would share some of the technical bits from the past several months of working on my dissertation research.

In my field (computer science), underpinning most academic papers is a mountain of prototyping work that often does not see the light of day. Pity that, after giving up on man pages as a complete source of documentation and digging through forum posts and kernel code to uncover key pieces of information needed to make software work, that knowledge should never find a home.

But, lucky you! You have managed to stumble across this blog, and willingly or not, you have lent me your eyes and mind for the next few minutes, so I intend to make the most of it! (After all, how often does a grad student get a captive audience when talking about the nitty gritty of his or her work?)

Okay, okay, enough intro, let's get on with the good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment